Health Libraries Group (HLG) News
There have been a few changes on the HLG Committee over the past few months. We would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you to Sarah Hennessey who stepped down as Co-Chair at the September Committee Meeting. In her place we welcome our new Co-Chair Lynsey Hawker who took up the post on Monday 12th October.
We are also inviting expressions of interest for the role of Honorary Secretary. Again, this is a great opportunity to work at the heart of the HLG Committee and an excellent development opportunity for a new professional.
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in our various working groups helping with projects around CPD or marketing. This year we have had groups working on a systematic review forum, a resource for new professionals and the formation of peer support sessions for conference presenters.
All these roles give you the opportunity to develop skills you may not get a chance to in your day job. You will also meet and work with a dedicated group of information professionals building up your network and knowledge of health information across a range of sectors. To find out more please contact Imrana Ghumra or Lynsey Hawker at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or an informal chat.
Due to ongoing restrictions resulting from the national COVID-19 pandemic, it is increasingly uncertain that we will be able to hold the 2021 HLG Conference as previously programmed. We thank you for you continued patience, our committee is working hard and looking at a variety of options for the event at the moment. We will issue a statement as soon as we are able to resolve the issue.
Latest Reader’s Articles
- Libraries Week 2021: call for HLG member’s case studiesThis Libraries Week (4-10 October), CILIP is celebrating the central role that libraries play in supporting active and engaged communities. We are looking to showcase the many ways that libraries in all sectors support their community through case studies that demonstrate best practice, innovation and the difference made to people’s lives. We would love HLGContinue reading “Libraries Week 2021: call for HLG member’s case studies”
- HLG Annual General Meeting 2021Followed by:Your skills, your sector: Introducing the Healthcare Sector Guide to the revised PKSB with Jo Cornish and Dominic Gilroy Thursday 10 June 12.40-2pm Join us for this year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) where we shall review HLG’s activities over the past year and look to the months ahead. Immediately following the AGM we welcomeContinue reading “HLG Annual General Meeting 2021”
- A Whistle Stop Tour of Reference Management Software: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the .RISPaula Younger gives an insight into reference management tools
- Using Microsoft SharePoint to Support Evidence Based Public Health in LincolnshireAssistant Knowledge Officer, Joanne Philiips reports on the creation of repository aimed at Public Health staff during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Keeping Up To Date: Adding Value to Professional Development Within an Information Services TeamThe NICE Information Service Team reports on an innovative current awareness project.