Train the trainer, face-to-face or virtual training
What do I need to know?
Possible content covered:
Creating a friendly and informal climate for a conducive learning environment
Training and learning theories – activities adapted for different learning needs, value of applying and understanding learning theories to your teaching
Learning styles – Myers Briggs, 360-degree feedback tool
Bloom’s Taxonomy of Learning
Sequenced and scaffolded learning
Reflection – John’s model of reflection
Creating learning outcomes, SMART objectives
Adapting activities for different learning needs and different sized groups
Presentation and communication skills in order to present complex information to a variety of audiences
Group management techniques
Identify appropriate management techniques to use for different situations.
Evaluation – Kirkpatrick’s Level of Evaluation
Who can I contact?
Firstly contact your regional HEE team to find out whom they usually employ to carry out Train the Trainer. If they do not have someone in place, you could then approach individual trainers.
Possible trainers and contacts:
- Lisa Jeskins – Physical train the trainer
- Diane Edwards – Virtual train the trainer
- Caroline Doherty – coach supervisor and facilitator
- Jo Walley – coach – Coaching theory and techniques, mentoring
- Amanda Stearn – Culture Change, Coaching & Leadership Development Specialist